Tailored preparation for your Psychometric test with Hogan (HBRI, HPI, HDS, MVPI)
Partnering with Hogan, a psychometric test developer, the Institute of Psychometric Coaching effectively prepares you through online test practice, courses and coaching for your psychometric, aptitude and personality tests.
Hogan has gained its impressive reputation by developing psychometric tests used by the FBI and other US government agencies and departments when assessing candidates. Based in Tulsa USA, Hogan distribute their psychometric tests worldwide.
Hogan’s HBRI Cognitive Ability Test
The HBRI is a psychometric test used world-wide and by leading companies in Australia. It’s designed to assess candidate’s problem-solving ability and decision-making style. The HBRI is a cognitive or ability test that includes 3 types of test questions:
- Verbal reasoning and logical thinking test questions, including: word analogy, inductive and deductive reasoning test questions
- Numerical reasoning test questions, including: interpreting graphs and tables, time, speed and distance questions, area calculations and basic maths questions
- Abstract reasoning test questions, including: rotation of shapes and groups of shapes
The HBRI test is untimed.
Sample questions from the HBRI Cognitive Ability Test
Numerical reasoning sample test question:
Box A weighs 85 kg. Box B is 15 kg. Box C is 105 kg. Two of them together on the same scale could not weigh:
a) 100 kg
b) 120 kg
c) 190 kg
d) 170 kg
Verbal reasoning sample test question:
A low priority is to urgency as a small budget is to?
a) low spending
b) high spending
c) small payments
Hogan’s Personality Tests
Hogan has several Personality Tests which are used to assess job candidates’ behavioural patterns and style. The most popular tests are:
1) Hogan Personality Inventory (HPI) has 206 self-reporting test questions and is untimed. The Hogan Personality Inventory (HPI) is comprised of seven primary scales and six occupational scales measuring your suitability for a job:
- Interpersonal Sensitivity
- Learning Approach
- Service Orientation
- Stress Tolerance
- Clerical Potential
- Sales Potential
- Managerial Potential
2) Hogan Development Survey (HDS) has 168 self-reporting test questions and is untimed.
The HDS assesses eleven behavioural tendencies that impede success:
- Terms of risk
- Mischievous Colorful
3) Motives, Values, Preferences Inventory (MVPI) has 200 self-reporting test questions and is untimed. The MVPI measures your core goals, values, drivers, and interests that determine what you desire and strive to attain.
The MVPI measures values along 10 primary scales:
Which companies use Hogan’s Cognitive and Personality tests?
Hogan is a leading psychometric test provider and has an impressive client list of companies such as: BHP Billiton, ATO, NAB, NSW Ambulance Service, Qantas, Chandler Macleod, BUPA, ALDI, Bevilles Jewellers, BAE Systems Australia, John Holland, Clayton Utz and CSIRO.
Please note that most companies tend to have more than one psychometric test provider.
Practise and preparation for your Psychometric Test
The Institute of Psychometric Coaching offers online and tailored practise tests and preparation solutions to ensure you successfully pass your psychometric test with Hogan:
- Practise online tests mimicking the verbal, numerical and abstract test questions in Hogan’s HBRI cognitive test
- Practise online Personality Tests to prepare you for the HPI, HDS and MVPI personality tests
- Fully tailored online cognitive and personality test courses
- One-on-one coaching sessions delivered by experienced psychologists and psychometric test trainers
Try our practise online tests and preparation solutions for your cognitive and personality tests developed by Hogan to ensure you demonstrate your true capability.